U3A Todmorden is part of a world-wide and exciting self-help educational movement for older people no longer in full-time work: check out the national organisation’s website.
U3A Todmorden started in 2008 with about 40 members and now has around 500, and a regular programme of activities, including monthly Members’ Meetings, regular Group Meetings and “Let’s Go” trips to places of interest far and wide. See our latest news.
U3A Todmorden is a Registered Charity – Registration Number 1145937. A committee elected by the members every year runs things, along with the convenors of the interest groups.
- The opportunity to pursue learning for its own sake.
- Shared learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups.
- Creative leisure and a wide range of social activities.
- New friendships.
If you want to know more:
- come along to the next Members’ Meeting (see the ad to the right)
- phone 01706814623 (General) or 01706 813590 ( Membership)
- browse around the web site for more information
- check the groups page and contact the convenor of one of the groups
- email us saying what subjects you’re interested in learning about. If you’d like to help organise a group, we’d be glad to know that too.
- write to us at: U3A Todmorden, The Fielden Centre, Ewood Lane, Todmorden, OL14 7DD.
Our regular Members’ Meetings are held at the Central Methodist Hall in Bramsche Square, Todmorden on the third Thursday of every month. There’s a guest speaker, refreshments, an up-date on what the Special Interest Groups are doing, and the chance to chat with Group Convenors, Committee Members and friends.
Access is from 1.30pm (not before, please!), refreshments are available from 1.45pm and the meeting itself starts at 2.00pm, usually finishing between 3.30pm and 4.00pm. You’re very welcome to come along to one of our meetings without any commitment to becoming a member. Here’s a map of the location: marked with a dark red pin (The other makers show other u3a meeting places).